Table of Contents
Find out how to Use Mi Drop for PC. Asian smartphone manufacturer Xiaomi Inc. launched Mi Drop some time ago. The tech giant developed the app to allow users to easily transfer data from Android to Android and Windows to Android. Mi Drop is included amongst the top 10 file transfer apps for Android according to all popular technology blogs. If we look at Mi Drop for Android, it has been downloaded over 100 million times. Mi Drop for PC is also available as a rival to services like Xender for PC and Shareit for PC. In this tutorial, we will also discuss Mi Drop features and usage. Furthermore, see answers to queries such as “how to transfer files from Android to PC using Mi Drop?” and “How to install Mi Drop for PC?”
How to Download Mi Drop for PC?
To download Mi Drop for PC you need to download and install an android emulator like Bluestacks. Then you must open Bluestacks and search for the Mi Drop app, download and install Mi Drop from the google play store or get the APK and finally open Mi Drop via the Bluestacks environment.
Here are the steps in detail:
Step 1: Download BlueStacks
- You will require an Android emulator in order to install Android apps on your PC. We will suggest BlueStacks because it is running the latest Android version and every now and then they release new updates. Click Here to download BlueStacks.
- You can directly install Mi Drop from Google Play on BlueStacks but sometimes it doesn’t work. In order to make sure you get to install Mi Drop on your PC we would suggest you should try installing it using the APK method. For that, you will require the Mi Drop APK on your PC.
Step 3: Install Mi Drop on PC using APK
- Now that you have both, Launch BlueStacks on your PC. Click on the Install APK button located at the bottom right side of the screen and select the APK that you have downloaded in the second step. Click on Open to start the installation process.
Once the Mi Drop is installed on your PC you can access it from BlueStacks My Apps tab.
Only Ad-less File Transfer app
Ads are the source of income for app developers with most file transfer apps using ads. Mi Drop is unique because it is the only app of its kind that doesn’t run ads. This app is made purely for users. In this aspect, Mi Drop is superior to Shareit and Xender. That’s why people love to use Mi Drop for PC and Android.
Mi Drop boasts many excellent features. For example, it is a peer-to-peer file sharing app. Xiaomi’s intention was to facilitate its smartphone users, but this app became beneficial to users of other smartphone brands too. Get rid of slow data transfers and install Mi Drop on PC or Android right now. It transfers GBs of data in a few minutes. Users don’t need to use USB Cables to connect with PC as your WiFi network will be enough.
- Mi Drop supports almost all formats in video, audio, image, and documents.
- Don’t need any internet connection, this app works effortlessly without WiFi and mobile data.
- Transferring speed of Mi Drop is rapid at 200 times faster than Bluetooth.
- Simple, neat & clean, user-friendly interface.
- In case data moving gets interrupted during transfer, just tap one time. Transferring will start again from the same spot rather than starting over again.
- No file size limitations, Mi Drop can deal with GBs of data in a single attempt.
Is Mi Drop Available for PC:
Mi Drop is not natively available on Windows, Mac and Linux Laptops / Desktops. Xiaomi has no intention of officially launching Mi Drop for PC. Users who want the Mi Drop app on PC require the assistance of an App installer. That’s our main topic today. Use any Android emulator on laptop or Desktop to download Mi Drop for PC. By the way, we have listed the best Android emulators for Windows and Mac. Check the best emulators here.
|Warning:||Some platforms on the internet may trap users by showing Mi Drop for pc exe or Mi Drop for pc software download files. We have already told you clearly, there is no official version of Mi Drop for PC.|
Mi Drop Alternatives:
How to Send Files From Android to PC and Vice Versa using Mi Drop?
Unfortunately, there is no dedicated version of Mi Drop for Windows. This app transfers files from PC to Android and vice versa using FTP. To do this, both smartphone and PC should connect with the same WiFi network. Here’s how to use it.
- Install Mi Drop on your Android device.
(If you have Xiami device running EMUI 9 or above then MiDrop will already be present in stock apps.)
- Connect the Android device and PC with same WiFi Network.
(Without this step it is impossible to connect both devices.)
- Open the Mi Drop app, tap on the three dotted icons.
- Select connect to computer option and then tap on the start button.
- Mi Drop will ask your storage option, SD card or internal memory. Select the desired storage place where the targeted file is present.
- The app will give an FTP Address, paste that address in the File Explorer in My Computer (This PC).
- Now the phone is connected to the computer successfully.
Freely transfer files between Android and PC now. For this task, you don’t need to download Mi Drop for PC. However, some users need a proper Mi Drop app PC version and below we will show you how.
So you’ve been trying to download the Prisma application on your Mac/Windows computer but it seems like a rocky task? Don’t worry about a thing because you’ve landed on the right post. This...
Are you trying to download SmartNews for PC but you just can’t get it installed? It is because SmartNews is an official mobile application for Android and iOS. Nevertheless, this article will...